We work together in a professional, magical, fun, connected way (Whanaungatanga), for the good of children, whānau, hapu, iwi and teachers. (Ako) We aim for children to grow up as competent and confident learners, secure and healthy in mind, body and spirit. (Wairua)
We believe that:
- Play is the vehicle through which learning occurs. Children’s play will be extended through an environment, rich in resources and learning opportunities, though the use of the Tamariki interests and by empowering them to develop into the best possible person they are capable to become. (Te Tai Ao)
- A commitment to Te Tirito o Waitangi is shown through a Te Ao Maori approach- developing the calm, happy, practice of our team, where children are recognised as unique and individual (manaakitanga)
- Parents’ aspirations for their tamariki are paramount, and shared decision-making supports children’s learning and development.
- Mistakes are opportunities for valuable learning, we have a ‘no blame’ culture (Mana)
Our love of learning is celebrated through:
- Children’s engagement in creativity and
- Collaboration, motivation and flexibility
Kia rangatira ai te tamaiti, Admire the child
Tohua ki te aroha, Guide with love
Tukuna tona mana, kia rere, Allow their (own) authority to flow.